Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Turbotville is a borough in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 705 at the 2010 census.
Turbotville is located at 41°6′9″N 76°46′16″W (41.102454, -76.771188). According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.4 square mile (1.2 km2), all land.
Turbotville is located in the Upper Susquehanna Valley in the north-central part of Pennsylvania. Turbotville is the northern-most town in Northumberland County and is surrounded on all sides by Lewis Township.
A petition from the inhabitants of Turbotville (formerly spelled Tributville) for incorporation as a borough was presented to the Northumberland County Court of Quarter Sessions at the April term in 1858 and favorably considered by the grand jury. Remonstrances having been filed at the following August term, Andrew J. Muffly was appointed as commissioner to take depositions in the matter; his report was considered at November session, 1858 and on January 3, 1859, a decree of court was granted for the incorporation of the borough. The “Charter for the Incorporation of Turbutville in to a Borough”, a handwritten account of the incorporation of Turbotville Borough, is duly noted on three consecutive pages (379-381) in a deed book dated April 6, 1859 located at the Northumberland County Courthouse in Sunbury. No reference has yet been obtained as to when the spelling of the town's name was changed from Tributville to Turbotville.