Weedsport is a village in Cayuga County, New York, United States. The population was 1,815 at the 2010 census. The name is from Elihu and Edward Weed, merchants who helped found the village. Weedsport is in the town of Brutus, west of Syracuse. It was a port on the Erie Canal. Whitford's Airport is north of the village in the town of Cato.
Weedsport was within the Central New York Military Tract. The village was originally named "Weed's Basin" because the town had a basin (boat turnaround) during the Erie Canal era. The name was then changed to Weedsport.
The village was incorporated in 1831.