West Elizabeth is a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 518 at the 2010 census.
West Elizabeth is located at 40°16′22″N 79°53′42″W (40.272901, -79.894918).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2), of which 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2), or 27.59%, is water.
Situated along the Monongahela River, West Elizabeth is surrounded by Jefferson Hills. Across the river, West Elizabeth runs adjacent with the borough of Elizabeth and has a direct connector via Malady Bridge.
The town was initially laid out in 1833, and incorporated March 3, 1848. West Elizabeth was a coal mining and boat-building town. Coal was transported by barge down the Monongahela River to industries in Pittsburgh. Coal was transported from the mine to the river by Walton's Coal Incline and the O'Neil and Company Incline.
As of the census of 2000, there were 565 people, 247 households, and 153 families residing in the borough. The population density was 2,764.6 people per square mile (1,090.7/km2).