West Milton is a village in Miami County, Ohio, United States. The population was 4,630 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The first settlement at West Milton was made in 1807. West Milton was named for John Milton, an English poet. A post office called Milton was established in 1824, and the name was changed to West Milton in 1829. The village was incorporated around 1834.
West Milton is located at 39°57′23″N 84°19′46″W (39.956453, −84.329489).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 3.34 square miles (8.65 km2), of which 3.24 square miles (8.39 km2) is land and 0.10 square miles (0.26 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 4,630 people, 1,973 households, and 1,298 families living in the village. The population density was 1,429.0 inhabitants per square mile (551.7/km2). There were 2,102 housing units at an average density of 648.8 per square mile (250.5/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 97.4% White, 0.5% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 0.2% from other races, and 1.5% from two or more races.