White Deer is a town in Carson County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,000 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Amarillo, Texas Metropolitan Statistical Area.
White Deer is located at 35°25′52″N 101°10′33″W. It is situated along U.S. Highway 60 in east central Carson County, 13 miles (21 km) northeast of Panhandle, the Carson County seat, and 40 miles (64 km) northeast of Amarillo.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.7 square miles (4.5 km2), all of it land.
According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, White Deer has a semi-arid climate, abbreviated "BSk" on climate maps.
The community was first settled around 1882, when the British-owned Francklyn Land and Cattle Company, later reorganized as the White Deer Land Company, occupied the area and began stocking it with cattle. George Tyng, general manager of the property, built the headquarters for White Deer or Diamond F Ranch at the site in 1887. Around the same time, the Purcell Company purchased land in the vicinity as a right-of-way for the Southern Kansas Railway of Texas. A depot was built in 1888. The site was initially known as "Paton" (after John Paton), then "Whig", before being renamed White Deer in January 1899 – after nearby White Deer Creek. During the 1890s, British shareholders began selling land for small farms and ranches to settlers.