White Oak is a city in Gregg County, Texas, United States. The population was 6,469 as of 2010.
The establishment of a school in the area in 1887 led to the development of the city. During the oil boom of the 1930s, the population of the city increased significantly.
The city was named for two trees growing near the site of the first school.
White Oak is located at 32°31′56″N 94°51′27″W (32.532349, -94.857638).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 9.1 square miles (24 km2), of which 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2), or 0.55%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 5,624 people, 2,004 households, and 1,595 families residing in the city. The population density was 618.9 people per square mile (238.9/km2). There were 2,118 housing units at an average density of 233.1 per square mile (90.0/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 94.58% White, 1.94% African American, 1.00% Native American, 0.09% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 1.03% from other races, and 1.35% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.20% of the population.
There were 2,004 households, out of which 44.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.7% were married couples living together, 11.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.4% were non-families. 17.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.