Windsor is a town in Kennebec County, Maine, United States. The population was 2,575 at the 2010 census. Windsor is included in the Augusta, Maine micropolitan New England City and Town Area.
The territory was first incorporated March 3, 1809 under the name of "Malta." Shortly after, a minor rebellion called the "Malta War" broke out against the Massachusetts state government in Boston over settlement and land ownership rights. In 1820, the town was reincorporated under the name "Gerry" to honor the statesman Eldridge Gerry. Two years after that, the town was renamed Windsor in its final reincorporation.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 35.52 square miles (92.00 km2), of which 34.65 square miles (89.74 km2) is land and 0.87 square miles (2.25 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 2,575 people, 1,039 households, and 721 families living in the town. The population density was 74.3 inhabitants per square mile (28.7/km2). There were 1,152 housing units at an average density of 33.2 per square mile (12.8/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 97.0% White, 0.4% African American, 0.7% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 0.2% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.8% of the population.