Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Woodville is a town in Jackson County, Alabama, United States. It was officially established by an act of the Alabama State Legislature on December 13, 1819, one day before Alabama became a state. It was later incorporated on May 12, 1890, but lost its charter in 1897. It reincorporated in 1912. As of the 2010 census, the population of the town is 746, down from 761 in 2000.
Woodville was settled about 1815 by Henry Derrick and is the oldest town in Jackson County. It was named for early residents Richard and Annie Wood. Woodville became the seat of Decatur County, Alabama in December 1821, but was attached to Jackson County when Decatur County was abolished the following year. The surrounding area was the site of considerable guerrilla warfare during the American Civil War.
Woodville is located at 34°37′36″N 86°16′29″W (34.626775, -86.274832).