Bally is a borough in Berks County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,090 at the 2010 census.
The Borough of Bally was originally called Goshenhoppen, possibly deriving from an Indian word meaning "meeting place". Others claim the name derives from German settlers from Goshen, PA calling the area their haven or "Hafen" in German, eventually becoming "Goshenhoppen". Mennonites and Catholics settled it in the early 18th century. Clergyman Ulrich Beidler erected the first house of worship, the Mennonite Church in 1731. Father Theodore Schneider, a Jesuit priest, came to the area in 1741 and established what would be just the third Catholic mission church in the 13 original colonies. On land received from the Mennonite community, Father Schneider built St. Paul's Chapel in 1743. St.