Banks is a city in Washington County, Oregon, United States which is located in the Tualatin Valley. It is the southern anchor to the Banks–Vernonia State Trail, which is a 21-mile (34 km) long linear trail popular with bicyclists, hikers, and equestrians. The population was 1,777 at the 2010 census. The community was named for John and Nancy Banks, who owned a nearby dairy farm. Incorporated in 1921, it is located in the western part of the county where Oregon Route 6 intersects Oregon Route 47.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.37 square miles (0.96 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,777 people, 553 households, and 445 families living in the city. The population density was 4,802.7 inhabitants per square mile (1,854.3/km2). There were 580 housing units at an average density of 1,567.6 per square mile (605.3/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 92.5% White, 0.3% African American, 0.6% Native American, 1.2% Asian, 0.3% Pacific Islander, 1.4% from other races, and 3.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 7.0% of the population.
There were 553 households, of which 57.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.5% were married couples living together, 13.4% had a female householder with no husband present, 7.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 19.5% were non-families.