Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Beach Haven West is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Stafford Township, in Ocean County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP's population was 3,896.
The site that Beach Haven West is located on was known as Remson Meadows along the Manahawkin Bayfront. In 1950, the salt marshes were bought by the Shapiro brothers, Herbert and Jerome, who developed vacation homes throughout the Jersey Shore. Using a dredge towed up from North Carolina, construction began on Beach Haven West's 130-plus saltwater lagoons and 5,000 single-family homes.
Beach Haven West was built in phases, the first opening in 1957. The first phase contained the lagoons and cul-de-sacs branching between Morris Boulevard and Jennifer Lane. By the early 1960s, the second phase was completed, this one spanning between Jonathan Drive and Walter Boulevard. Afterwards, the third phase was completed, which contained the development along Mill Creek Road between Route 72 and Jonathan Drive, as well as the Charles Boulevard spur. By the 1970s, the lagoon-front community was expanded down Mill Creek Road towards East Point.
The Shapiros later sold their remaining properties to Lincoln Properties, LLC, another shore development firm.