Bells is a city in Crockett County, Tennessee. The population was 2,437 at the 2010 census.
Bells was established in the late 1820s on land acquired by brothers John and William Bell. When a city was founded on this land in 1855, it was given the name "Bells Depot." The city was incorporated in 1868, and the "Depot" was dropped from the name in 1880.
Bells was the home of the now-defunct West Tennessee Okra Festival. The festival included a horse show, beauty pageant, street carnival and other activities and shows. The Festival was always held during August, the peak of the okra season.
Bells is located at 35°43′6″N 89°5′7″W (35.718423, -89.085385). The city is concentrated around the intersection of a congruent stretch of U.S. Route 70A and U.S. Route 79, which approaches from Brownsville to the southwest and continues northeastwardly to Humboldt, and State Route 88, which connects the city to Alamo to the northwest and Jackson to the southeast. The South Fork of the Forked Deer River passes just south of Bells.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.3 square miles (6.0 km2), of which 2.3 square miles (6.0 km2) is land and 0.44% is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,171 people, 806 households, and 559 families residing in the city.