Blunt is a city in Hughes County, South Dakota, United States. It is part of the Pierre, South Dakota Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 354 at the 2010 census.
Blunt was named for John E. Blunt, a railroad official. Blunt was founded in 1881 as a stop on the Chicago and North Western Railway. It received its city rights in 1884.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.49 square miles (1.27 km2), all of it land.
Blunt has been assigned the ZIP code 57522, and the FIPS place code 06180.
As of the census of 2010, there were 354 people, 150 households, and 102 families residing in the city. The population density was 722.4 inhabitants per square mile (278.9/km2). There were 167 housing units at an average density of 340.8 per square mile (131.6/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 89.3% White, 2.5% African American, 4.8% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 1.7% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races.