Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Bristol is a town in Addison County, Vermont, United States. The town was chartered on June 26, 1762, by the colonial Governor of New Hampshire, Benning Wentworth. The charter was granted to Samuel Averill and sixty-three associates in the name of Pocock - in honor of a distinguished English admiral of that name. The population was 3,894 at the 2010 census. Main Street is home to most of the businesses of the town. The town is also home to the Lord's Prayer Rock.
Bristol is in northeastern Addison County, at the western foot of the Green Mountains. The New Haven River, a tributary of Otter Creek, flows out of the mountains through the town center. The town is crossed by Vermont Route 17 (east-west) and Vermont Route 116 (north-south).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 42.2 square miles (109.2 km2), of which 41.5 square miles (107.5 km2) is land and 0.66 square miles (1.7 km2), or 1.57%, is water.
The main settlement in the town is Bristol, a census-designated place, located on the north side of the New Haven River, northwest of the geographic center of town.
As of the 2000 census, there were 3,788 people, 1,460 households, and 1,013 families residing in the town.