Cameron is a town in Moore County, North Carolina in the United States. The population was 285 at the 2010 census.
Cameron grew up around a plank road that was followed in later years by a railroad. The town was planned in 1875 and incorporated in 1876. Cameron was at the end of the Raleigh and Augusta Railroad. Its location made it an ideal place of entrepreneurs to establish businesses. They built turpentine distilleries, established mercantile and hotel businesses to serve the needs of the railroad's customers and built a thriving dewberry farming and consignment operation.
Cameron is located at 35°19′34″N 79°15′11″W (35.326096, -79.253159).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.0 square mile (2.6 km2), all land.
Neighboring towns include Vass to the south and Carthage to the west.
At the 2000 census there were 151 people, 66 households, and 41 families living in the town.