Caryville is a town in Campbell County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 2,297 at the 2010 census.
Originally known as Wheeler's Station, the town was renamed in honor of Judge William Carey, a prominent local landowner, in 1866.
Caryville is situated in a valley between Cross Mountain to the west and a series of rugged hills to the east. Cove Lake State Park lies immediately north of the town, and includes an artificial lake created by the impoundment of Cove Creek by Caryville Dam. Two major federal highways, Interstate 75 and U.S. Route 25W, intersect in Caryville.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 5.5 square miles (14 km2), of which, 5.2 square miles (13 km2) of it is land and 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) of it (4.58%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,243 people, 897 households, and 644 families residing in the town. The population density was 431.0 people per square mile (166.5/km2). There were 999 housing units at an average density of 192.0 per square mile (74.2/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 97.15% White, 0.27% African American, 0.53% Native American, 0.27% Asian, 0.18% Pacific Islander, 0.76% from other races, and 0.85% from two or more races.