Catawissa is a borough in Columbia County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,552 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Bloomsburg–Berwick Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Catawissa is twinned with Uxbridge, Ontario. The historic link began in 1805, when the Uxbridge area was granted by the British crown to Dr. Christopher Beswick, first medical doctor north of the Oak Ridges Moraine. While not a Quaker, he lived in Catawissa before moving to the Uxbridge area. Beswick Lane in the Ontario town is named after him.
The area where Catawissa now is was originally owned by William Henry in 1769. Catawissa was laid out in 1787. At this time it was referred to as "Hughesburg" or "Catawissey".