Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Clawson is a town in Emery County, Utah, United States. The population was 163 at the 2010 census. The community was named after Rudger Clawson, a Mormon leader.
A canal to carry water from Ferron Creek was completed in 1896. Prior to being settled the area was known as North Flat. In 1897, the first settlers arrived, calling the community "Kingsville" after Guy King, who was one of the original settlers. The first school was opened in 1898 in the home of Guy King with Florence Barney as the teacher. She rode 14 miles (23 km) on horseback each day to the school.
In 1902, the President of the Emery Stake, Reuben C. Miller, sent the bishopric of Ferron to select a permanent spot for the town of Kingsville. There were two candidate locations: the homesteads and the Westingkow farm 2 miles (3 km) west of that. The bishop decided it should be near the Westingkow farm because the lay of the land suggested that the old location could become swampy.