Collinsville is a city in Rogers and Tulsa counties in the U.S. state of Oklahoma, and a part of the Tulsa, Oklahoma Metropolitan Statistical Area. It was named for Dr. A. H. Collins, an engineer and surveyor who first surveyed the land that became this community. The population was 5,606 according to the 2010 census, an increase of 37.5 percent from 4,077 at the 2000 census.
Dr. A. H. Collins, the town namesake, established a post office on May 28, 1897. Henry P. Cook was the first postmaster. Then it became known as either Collins or Collins Post Office. The name officially became Collinsville by June 1898 and it incorporated as a city in April 1899. The population in 1900 was 376.
The Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe routed its line from Kansas to Owasso, Oklahoma about a mile west of Collinsville in 1899, to avoid crossing an additional stream. An earlier community, known as Eli, had developed southeast but moved all their buildings closer to the railroad.