Danville is a town in Boone County, West Virginia, United States. The population was 691 at the 2010 census. Danville was incorporated in 1911 and named for Dan Rock, the town's first postmaster. Danville was formerly known as Newport and Red House.
Danville is located in northwestern Boone County at 38°4′40″N 81°50′9″W (38.077863, -81.835696), The town is situated along the Little Coal River, with its business district lying primarily along the east bank of the river. Madison, the county seat, borders Danville to the south.
West Virginia Route 85, signed as Smoot Avenue within Danville, traverses the town, connecting it with Madison to the south, and terminating at U.S. Route 119 on the north side of town. From this intersection, US 119 continues northeastward in the direction of Charleston, and southwestward to Chapmanville and Logan.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.08 square miles (2.80 km2), of which, 1.07 square miles (2.77 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 691 people, 303 households, and 150 families living in the town. The population density was 645.8 inhabitants per square mile (249.3/km2).