Decherd is a city in Franklin County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 2,246 at the 2000 census and 2,361 at the 2010 census.
Peter Decherd came to the area in 1831 from Franklin County, Virginia and set up a plantation. In the 1850s he granted right-of-way to the Nashville and Chattanooga Railroad. On February 14, 1856, the thirty-first General Assembly of the state of Tennessee incorporated the town of Decherd with all the rights and privileges as the town of Cookeville, which was also incorporated at that time. After the Civil War, Decherd was again incorporated as a town on January 30, 1868. It was unincorporated in 1885 to avoid application of the "Four Mile Law", which permitted liquor sales within four miles of schools located in incorporated communities. The town was chartered once again by the General Assembly on April 22, 1901. The Haynes House in Decherd is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Decherd is located at 35°12′57″N 86°4′45″W (35.215767, -86.079183).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.7 square miles (12 km2), of which 4.7 square miles (12 km2) is land and 0.21% is water.