Dunseith ( dun-SEETH) is a city in Rolette County, North Dakota, United States. The population was 773 at the 2010 census. Dunseith is best known for its proximity to the International Peace Garden. The port of entry at the Peace Garden is one of three 24-hour ports in North Dakota (the others being Portal and Pembina). Dunseith is also the home of the world's largest turtle sculpture, the "W'eel Turtle", made of more than 2,000 wheels painted green.
Dunseith was platted in 1882. The town is named for Jeannette Dunseith Eaton, who was the mother of one of the original townsite company's 6 founders Captain James D. Eaton from Covington, Kentucky. Dùnsìth is a Gaelic word meaning "City of Peace," from dùn (English: fortress) and sìth (English: peace). A post office has been in operation in Dunseith since 1884. The city was incorporated in 1908.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.00 square mile (2.59 km2), all land. Dunseith lies just south of the Turtle Mountain plateau.