Elk Garden is a town in Mineral County, West Virginia, United States. It is part of the 'Cumberland, MD-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area'. The population was 232 at the 2010 census. Elk Garden High School was consolidated into Keyser High School in 1997. However the Primary School is still in session, offering classes from Pre-Kindergarten through the fifth grade. The school mascot is the Elk Garden Stags. Elk Garden was incorporated in 1890 by the Mineral County Circuit Court. It is named for an elk lick near the original town site.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.26 square miles (0.67 km2), all of it land.
The only significant highway directly serving Elk Garden is West Virginia Route 42. Route 42 continues north to Maryland and extends southward to U.S. Route 50 and beyond to Petersburg. Just east of Elk Garden, West Virginia Route 46 has its western terminus at Route 42.