Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Ellport is a borough in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,180 at the 2010 census. The name is a portmanteau of Ellwood City and Portersville.
Through 1919, a little more than 1/3 of what is now Ellport existed as the Ellwood City Country Club. The portion that was the Country Club is to the west side of Golf Avenue. The clubhouse was located on the property near 111 Fourth Street.
In 1920, a realty company from Pittsburgh bought the golf course and sold lots for about $600 each. In addition, the realty company began to purchase farms to the east of Golf Avenue from families such as the Deemers, the Mahonys and the Gartleys.
At this time, this area was still part of Wayne Township. In 1929 residents petitioned the courts for Ellport to become its own borough.