The City of Fort Lupton is a Statutory City located in Weld County, Colorado, United States. Fort Lupton is a part of the Greeley, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 7,377 as of the 2010 census.
The city was named for Lieutenant Lancaster Lupton, who built a trading post on Adobe Creek in 1838. The trading post, Fort Lupton, has been reconstructed near the site of the original fort using some of the original adobe bricks at the South Platte Valley Historical Park, which was established by the South Platte Valley Historical Society northwest of the city of Fort Lupton. It is a historical park about early area settlement.
The city of Fort Lupton is in Colorado. Fort Lupton is located at 40°5′N 104°48′W (40.0849, -104.8030).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.0 square miles (10 km2), of which, 4.0 square miles (10 km2) are land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (1.00%) are covered by water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,787 people, 2,099 households, and 1,677 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,707.2 people per square mile (658.4/km2). There were 2,132 housing units at an average density of 536.3 per square mile (206.8/km2).