Fort Shaw is a census-designated place (CDP) in Cascade County, Montana, United States. The population was 280 at the 2010 census. Named for a former United States military outpost, it is part of the Great Falls, Montana Metropolitan Statistical Area.
First called Camp Reynolds, Fort Shaw is named for Col. Robert G. Shaw of Boston. The U.S. government established this fort on the Mullan Road in 1867.
Fort Shaw is located at 47°30′16″N 111°48′41″W (47.504313, -111.811348). It is situated on Montana Highway 200. The Sun River flows north of town.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 5.6 square miles (15 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 274 people, 101 households, and 73 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 48.6 people per square mile (18.8/km2).