Fults is a village in the Renault precinct of Monroe County, Illinois, United States. The population was 44 at the 2010 census. It is located entirely within the American Bottom floodplain.
Fults is located at 38°9′56″N 90°12′52″W (38.165688, -90.214395).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2), all land.
The village was named after Jacob Fults, born in Pennsylvania in 1793, to German immigrants. Fults, after leaving the service of the United States during the War of 1812 in 1817, settled on Moredock Lake. He then moved to the Renault precinct, first up Braun's Hollow, then in 1829 to the settlement known at the time as Braunsberg, which would eventually take his name, until his death in 1841.
A site on the bluffs just north of Fults, overlooking the Bottoms is known as Saltpetre Cave and took its name from the quantities of bat guano mined there for potassium nitrate which was used in the local manufacture of black powder by the French at Fort de Chartres and later inhabitants. This cave, cut into the side of the bluffs, and an excellent defensive position, was one of the last refuges for Native Americans in the region. It was a popular site in the area for rappelling and hiking, until access to it was restricted in the aftermath of the Great Flood of 1993 and several accidents at the site.
As of the census of 2000, there were 28 people, 9 households, and 8 families residing in the village.