Glendale is a city in Douglas County, Oregon, United States. The population was 874 at the 2010 census.
After construction of a railroad line south from Roseburg in 1881–83, Solomon Abraham, the local right-of-way agent, platted the community and named it "Julia" after his wife. After a dispute with Abraham, A. F. Morris, the chief engineer for the railroad, changed the name to "Glendale". A Julia post office was established in February 1883, and its name was changed to Glendale in August of the same year. L. D. Montgomery was the first postmaster. Fire destroyed much of Glendale's business district in 1928. Glendale was quickly rebuilt.
In the 1880s, Russian-Jewish immigrants came here trying to escape the anti-Semitic rule of Alexander III. New Odessa, the first Jewish Communitarian Community in America settled near Glendale. By 1888 the New Odessa Community disbanded due to political and religious division.