Hinckley is a town in Millard County, Utah, United States, in the middle of the Sevier Desert. Irrigation water from the Sevier River, passing nearby, has been used to turn Hinckley into a farming oasis. The mountains that are common in Utah are seen only in the distance, and beyond the reach of the river, a severe desert prevails. The population was 696 at the 2010 census.
Hinckley was first settled by Erastus F. Pack, a son of John Pack. The area was part of the Latter Day Saints Deseret Ward until 1891 when that ward was split and the area now known as Hinckley was made the Hinckley Ward, named after Ira N. Hinckley. Thomas George Theobald surveyed the town and divided it into 14 blocks of 5 acres each.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 5.0 square miles (13.0 km2), all of it land.
According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Hinckley has a semi-arid climate, abbreviated "BSk" on climate maps.
As of the census of 2000, there were 698 people, 218 households, and 180 families residing in the town. The population density was 138.8 people per square mile (53.6/km2).