Hunts Point is a town in the Eastside, a region of King County, Washington, United States, and part of the Seattle metropolitan area. The town is on a small peninsula surrounded by Lake Washington, and is near the suburbs of Medina (to the southwest), Clyde Hill (to the south), Yarrow Point (on another peninsula to the east), and Kirkland (to the northeast), as well as the city of Bellevue (to the east). As of the 2010 census, the town had a total population of 394.
Leigh S. J. Hunt, a resident of nearby Yarrow Point, purchased the yet-to-be-named property of Hunts Point on March 13, 1890. He wanted the property so that he could cut down the tall evergreen trees that grew out at the end, obstructing his view of Lake Washington. Around 1900, the property was taken over by Puget Sound National Bank and sold to a group of Seattle men who used it as a family retreat for Sunday picnics and summer camping.
Before the creation of the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge and Interstate 90 floating bridges across Lake Washington, residents commuted to Seattle via the Gazelle, one of several ferries on Lake Washington. The Gazelle arrived at Cozy Cove (between Hunts Point and Yarrow Points) each morning at 7:15 a.m.
A clubhouse was built in 1913 at what is now 3655 Hunts Point Road. It became the center of Hunts Point's social activity through the 1920s. That same year, the women of Hunts Point formed the charitable organization The Eastside Circle of the Seattle Fruit and Flower Mission (later called The Overlake Service League), which continues to this day.
Hunts Point was incorporated as a city on August 22, 1955. The Fairweather Basin was developed from marshland into residential property in 1957.