Hyde Park is a borough in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 500 at the 2010 census.
Located between the borough of Hyde Park and the borough of Leechburg, the footbridge, locally known as "The Walking Bridge" is a suspension bridge that stretches 600 feet across the Kiskiminetas River. It is one of the longest pedestrian suspension footbridges in the United States, and one of the only pedestrian bridges to connect two counties, in this case, Westmoreland and Armstrong counties. The official name of the bridge is the Armstrong County Bridge #13.
The original wooden bridge was built in 1920 on old piers from a railroad bridge that was destroyed by flooding in the early 1900s. The current metal bridge was built in 1955.
Hyde Park is located at 40°37′54″N 79°35′23″W (40.631729, -79.589618).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2), of which, 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) of it (20.69%) is water.
Hyde Park has only one land border with Allegheny Township to the south. Across the Kiskiminetas River in Armstrong County, Hyde Park runs adjacent with Parks Township to the east, Gilpin Township to the north and Leechburg to the west.