Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Jollyville is a census-designated place (CDP) in Travis and Williamson counties in Texas. It is a neighborhood in north Austin. The population was 16,151 at the 2010 census.
The area was first settled by Henry Rhodes after obtaining a land grant in 1841 of about 1,000 acres (4 km2) from the Republic of Texas. The name, however, comes from a later settler, John G. (possibly Grey, but no proof for middle name exist) Jolly, who purchased 160 acres (0.65 km2) in 1866. John and his wife, Nancy Isabell (Guill) Jolly, operated a blacksmith shop and store. The Jollys donated land for a school and the cemetery in which they were eventually buried. Jollyville remained lightly settled for decades; only twenty families lived in the area in 1960. Eventually, the growth of nearby Austin led to the development of Jollyville as a suburban community.
Jollyville is located at 30°27′12″N 97°45′45″W (30.453288°N 97.762381°W / 30.453288; -97.762381).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 5.9 sq mi (15 km2), all of it land.