Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Juliaetta is a city in Latah County, Idaho, United States. The population was 579 at the 2010 census.
The area was originally called Schupferville for Rupert Schupfer, an original homesteader in the area. The town was named in 1882 by the first postmaster, Charles Snyder. He named the town in honor of his two daughters, Julia and Etta. The city was incorporated in 1892 when the railroad was extended to that point.
The Bank of Juliaetta is a historic building located on Main Street. It was built in 1889 and now houses a restaurant. The building was placed on the historic register in 1998.
Juliaetta is approximately 2 mi (3.2 km) north of the Nez Perce Indian Reservation; the Potlatch River runs parallel to Highway 3.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.73 square miles (1.89 km2), of which, 0.72 square miles (1.86 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 579 people, 263 households, and 163 families residing in the city. The population density was 804.2 inhabitants per square mile (310.5/km2).