Kendleton is a city in western Fort Bend County, Texas, United States, located southwest of Sugarland TX. The population was 380 at the 2010 census, down from 466 at the 2000 census. As of 2011, Darryl Humphrey was the mayor of the city.
What is now Kendleton was a part of William E. Kendall's plantation. In the 1860s Kendall divided his property into various small farms and sold the plots to African Americans who were former slaves. The community of the farms became known as "Kendleton". In 1882 the New York, Texas and Mexican Railway Company established a railroad track between Rosenberg and Victoria, which passed through Kendleton. In 1884 a post office opened. In 1890 Kendleton had 25 inhabitants and a general store. In 1896 the community had two additional general stores and two churches; one was Baptist and one was Methodist. In 1900 116 people lived in Kendleton.