Kent is a town in Litchfield County, Connecticut, alongside the border with New York. The population was 2,979 at the 2010 census, up from 2,858 at the 2000 census. The town is home to three boarding schools: Kent School, the Marvelwood School, and South Kent School. The Schaghticoke Indian Reservation is also located within town borders.
The town of Kent was sectioned in 1737 and settled about 1739. The town was named after Kent in England.
Kent is in western Litchfield County and is bordered to the west by Dutchess County, New York. It is 26 miles (42 kilometers) north of Danbury and 50 miles (80 km) west of Hartford. The town's central village is found at 41°43′29″N 73°28′39″W. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 49 5⁄8 square miles (128.5 km2), of which 48 1⁄2 square miles (125.7 km2) are land and 1 square mile (2.7 km2), or 2.14%, are water. Bull's Bridge, one of two covered bridges open to vehicles in Connecticut, is located in the town.