Lindon is a city in Utah County, Utah, United States. It is part of the Provo–Orem, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 10,070 at the 2010 census. In July 2019 it was estimated to be to 11,100 by the US Census Bureau.
Lindon has an abundant cultural and historical background. Originally settled in 1861, Lindon began as pioneers moved into what was then the Lindon grazing land. The town was originally named "String Town" because of the way the houses were strung up and down the street between the towns of Orem and Pleasant Grove. An old linden tree (Tilia) growing in town in 1901 inspired the present (misspelled) name. Over the past century Lindon has seen organized development, but it has tried to remain true to its motto: "Lindon: a little bit of country".
Gillman Farm — 584 W. Gillman Lane
James Henry Gillman bought 10 acres (4 ha) of land late in the 19th century.