Malcom is a city in Poweshiek County, Iowa, United States. The population was 287 at the 2010 census. The city was named for an early settler. The town's major businesses include BASF, a restaurant, and Dayton Meat Products.
Prior to the treaty of May 1, 1843, the area of what is now Malcom was Sac and Fox (Sauk and Meskwaki) lands. Though there were a few settlers earlier, by 1958, the population justified the formation of a township. The railroad was extended from Iowa City in 1863, and the village was laid out on the Little Bear Creek. The town was incorporated on April 23, 1872.
The first school in Malcom was established in 1855, consisting of six students. In 1864, the Malcom Independent School was established. By 1880, there were 136 pupils in the school.