Marshall is a town in Washington Township, Parke County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. As of the 2010 census, the population was 324.
A post office has been in operation at Marshall since 1878. The town was named for Mahlon W. Marshall, an original owner of the town site.
The Arch in the Town of Marshall was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
Marshall is located at 39°50′48″N 87°11′14″W (39.846801, -87.187237).
According to the 2010 census, Marshall has a total area of 0.26 square miles (0.67 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 324 people, 121 households, and 90 families living in the town. The population density was 1,246.2 inhabitants per square mile (481.2/km2). There were 136 housing units at an average density of 523.1 per square mile (202.0/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 98.5% White, 1.2% Native American, and 0.3% from other races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.2% of the population.
There were 121 households, of which 34.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.0% were married couples living together, 12.4% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.0% had a male householder with no wife present, and 25.6% were non-families. 19.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.68 and the average family size was 3.06.