Meadow Bridge is a town in Fayette County, West Virginia, United States. The population was 379 at the 2010 census. The first settler of the area was John Gwin, closely followed by Dan Griffin.
The community took its name from a nearby bridge over Meadow Creek.
Sometime in 1890, the first Meadow Bridge post office was established, and gave the area the name of Montrode. This was later changed to Clute, after the Virginia lumberman Theodore Clute who came with the railroad to establish a sawmill in the area. With the help of the Meadow River Lumber company, and Theodore Clute, millions of feet of lumber were cut, and soon a town sprang up with shops and houses.
With industry in Meadow Bridge, on July 26, 1920, it was incorporated into an official town. Although industry came to the small town of Meadow Bridge, progression was slow and arduous. After several years of hard fighting, in 1924, they finally were able to bring a high school to the town, Meadow Bridge High School.
Part of their troubles was the fact that they were isolated from the rest of Fayette County.