Menomonee Falls is a village in Waukesha County, Wisconsin, United States, and is part of the Greater Milwaukee area. The population was 35,626 at the 2010 census, making it the most populous village in Wisconsin. It is the fourth largest community in Waukesha County.
The area that became Menomonee Falls was first inhabited by Native Americans, including the people of the Menomonee and Chippewa tribes.
Menomonee Falls continued to grow throughout the 1870s. By 1890, the population was 2,480. In 1892, a section of Menomonee Falls was incorporated as a village. In 1894 the first village board was elected and the first village fire department formed. After becoming a village, many important buildings were built, including the village hall/fire station, Menomonee Falls High School, and the Wisconsin Sugar Factory. The Wisconsin Sugar Factory employed as many as 500 laborers and produced up to 15 million pounds of sugar annually.
The first public telephone service was offered in 1902; a local electricity plant offered a substitute for kerosene lamps by 1907; water mains were installed in the 1910s; and the first sewer lines were laid in 1924.