Mobridge (Lakota: Kȟowákataŋ Otȟúŋwahe; lit. "Over-the-River Town") is a city in Walworth County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 3,465 according to a 2010 census.
Located in territory that had long been occupied by the Lakota Sioux, Mobridge was founded by European Americans in 1906 following construction of the railroad through here. The town was named Mobridge for its railroad designation, a contracted form of Missouri Bridge, after the original railroad bridge over the Missouri River. The bridge was demolished by the Corps of Engineers in the early 1960s and replaced by a higher bridge due to the construction of the Oahe Dam.
There are disputed claims that some or all of chief Sitting Bull's remains were moved by his surviving relatives and the Dakota Memorial Association on April 8, 1953 from Fort Yates, North Dakota, where he had been killed and buried, to Mobridge, which was near his birthplace. The Mobridge burial site is marked by a monument consisting of his bust on a granite pedestal; it overlooks the Missouri River. It was dedicated by the Dakota Memorial Association on April 11, 1953.
The Brown Palace Hotel in Mobridge is listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. Artist Oscar Howe (Yanktonai Dakota) painted a mural for the town's auditorium.