New Paris is a census-designated place (CDP) in Elkhart County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1,494 at the 2010 census.
New Paris was laid out in 1839 by settlers from Preble County, Ohio. It was likely named after New Paris, Ohio. By the 1890s, New Paris had become a shipping point at the junction of two railroads.
New Paris is located in Jackson Township (T35N R6E) at 41°30′N 85°59′W (41.5037, -85.8295).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.4 square miles (3.5 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,006 people, 377 households, and 286 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,209.3 people per square mile (468.0/km2). There were 390 housing units at an average density of 468.8/sq mi (181.4/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 97.71% White, 0.10% Native American, 1.19% from other races, and 0.99% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.99% of the population.
There were 377 households, out of which 34.7% had children over the age of 18 living with them, 63.1% were married couples living together, 8.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.9% were non-families. 20.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 6.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.67 and the average family size was 3.09.