New Richmond is a city in St. Croix County, Wisconsin, United States. Its population was 8,375 as of the 2010 census.
New Richmond was founded in 1857. The first permanent settlement was established by Hiram Foster, who had led a group of settlers from Vermont into the area in search of virgin Wisconsin timber for harvesting. Foster built and operated a sawmill on the banks of the Willow River, which gradually drew more settlers from New England into the area. For the first few years the settlement was called Foster's Crossing, and was later renamed after Richmond Day, the land surveyor who plotted the town. Because another town in Wisconsin had already taken the name Richmond, it was decided to call the town New Richmond. In 1871, New Richmond was made a station on the southwestern branch of Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railroad's 'Omaha X' network, initially working northwards from Hudson to New Richmond and providing a direct connection to St.