Norco is a city in Riverside County, California, in the United States. According to city ordinances, the architecture of Norco “shall reflect a desired Western theme,” including qualities “described as rural, informal, traditional, rustic, low-profile and equestrian oriented.
As of the 2010 census, the city population was 27,063, up from 24,157 at the 2000 census.
The area was part of Rancho La Sierra granted in 1846 by Governor Pio Pico to Vicenta Sepulveda.
The city's name is a portmanteau of "North Corona". It was named after the North Corona Land Company.
Norco had its "grand opening" on Mother's Day, May 13, 1923. It was later incorporated as a city on December 28, 1964.
Norco is located at 33°55′25.4″N 117°33′42.1″W (33.923729, −117.561695).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 14.3 square miles (37 km2) of which 14.0 square miles (36 km2) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2), or 2.22%, is water.
One of the most visible geographical features in Norco, visible from anywhere in the city, are the Santa Ana Mountains.
Norco is rich in native plant species partly because of its diversity of habitats. The most prevalent plant communities are sage scrub, chaparral shrubland, and riparian woodland.