North Syracuse is a village in Onondaga County, New York, United States. The population was 6,800 at the 2010 census. North Syracuse is located in the towns of Cicero and Clay, north of the city of Syracuse.
The village was originally called Centerville and changed to its present name in 1880. It became an incorporated village in 1925. Among the first settlers, the Fergerson family located there in 1826. They still occupy the same land located in what is now the village center. Many local streets are named in their honor.
On July 18, 1846, the United States' first plank road opened in North Syracuse, primarily for salt transportation. The road cost $23,000, was 16-1/2 miles long, and was planked its entire length.