Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Palmyra is a census-designated place (CDP) in Utah County, Utah, United States. It is part of the Provo–Orem Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 491 at the 2010 census. Palmyra is located directly west of Springville and northwest of Spanish Fork.
Palmyra was first settled in 1852.
Palmyra, located seven miles south of Provo, was founded on the Spanish Fork River in 1852. In March 1853, Stephen Markham was ordained a bishop and set apart to preside over the Palmyra LDS Ward. The town was eventually abandoned sometime in 1856, under the advice of Brigham Young. Most of the settlers located farther up the river, where the site of present-day Spanish Fork had been chosen and where a survey of a city had already been made. At the turn of the century, the area was resettled.