Paris is a city in and the county seat of Henry County, Tennessee, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 10,156.
A 70-foot (21 m) replica of the Eiffel Tower stands in the southern part of Paris. The city hosts what it claims as the "World's Biggest Fish Fry."
The present site of Paris was selected by five commissioners appointed to the task of choosing a county seat at the December 1822 session of the Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions of Henry County. Their choice was a 50-acre (20 ha) site, of which 37.5 acres (15.2 ha) were owned by Joseph Blythe and 12.5 acres (5.1 ha) owned by Peter Ruff; both men donated the land to the county to have the seat there. A public square, streets, alleys and 104 lots were laid off, and the lots were sold at auction over a two-day period in either March or April 1823.
Paris was incorporated on September 30, 1823. It was the first town incorporated in West Tennessee, followed by Lexington on October 9, 1824, and Memphis on December 19, 1826. The city was named after Paris, France, in honor of the Marquis de Lafayette.
Between about 1970 and 1990 Paris was the center of the Old Beachy Amish, as traditional-minded Beachy Amish from different regions moved there. Because of internal conflicts, most Old Beachy Amish left the region in the early 1990s and had completely vacated it by the year 2000.
Paris is located just south of the center of Henry County at 36°18′4″N 88°18′50″W (36.301229, -88.313815). U.S. Route 641 passes through the city center as Market Street, leading north 21 miles (34 km) to Murray, Kentucky, and southeast 22 miles (35 km) to Camden. U.S. Route 79 passes southeast of the city center as Tyson Avenue and Wood Street; it leads northeast 62 miles (100 km) to Clarksville and southwest 16 miles (26 km) to McKenzie.