Patrick Springs is a census-designated place (CDP) in Patrick County, Virginia, United States. The population was 1,845 at the 2010 census.
In 1857, the area's first post office was operated as Spabrook Station in the vicinity of the old Patrick Springs hotel and mineral resort. Spabrooke Station was named Patrick Springs post office in 1859. A second post office was operated on Route 680 just north of old Route 58 and was called Shuff post office.
Shuff was the phonetic spelling of "Shough", the surname of Reverend Jacob Shough, a highly respected Methodist circuit rider and one of the early founders of the Patrick Springs area. In 1894, the residents named the community and post office "Shuff" in his honor. Reverend Shough ran a store and post office combination as well as building the old Shough grist mill, one of the community's oldest landmarks. The old Shough mill was operated by four generations of the Shough family, before it stopping operating in 1918.
The Patrick Springs post office was discontinued in 1875, then re-opened in 1907.