Perryville is a city in and the county seat of Perry County, Arkansas, United States. The population was 1,460 at the 2010 census, an increase of just two persons from 2000. It is part of the Little Rock–North Little Rock–Conway Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The first Perry County courthouse was built in Perryville in 1841, a year after Perry County was created, and five years after the state of Arkansas was created. The town was platted sometime before 1850.
John Rison and his new wife, Harriet, moved to Perryville in 1844 and started the community's first church, a Methodist congregation. Their log home became a community gathering place and is now the oldest building in Perryville. In 1849, Rison bought six lots across from his home to build a log store and a schoolhouse.
The original log courthouse was burned during a dispute between two families. Historians are uncertain when the courthouse was burned — various sources say 1848 or 1850.