Pine Bluffs is a town in eastern Laramie County, Wyoming, United States. It is located on the county's border with Nebraska. It is part of the Cheyenne, Wyoming, Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1,129 at the 2010 census. It was first known as Rock Ranch, but the name was changed by railroad officials for the pines on the nearby bluffs.
The first gas station in Pine Bluffs was built by William Henry Harrison and A. E. Carlstrum. On October 17, 1956, the Wyoming Public Service Commission authorized William Henry Harrison III to build and operate a community television system in the town.
In July 2016, Pine Bluffs was battered by a severe hailstorm, causing widespread damage. The Wyoming National Guard was called in to deal with the damage.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 3.22 square miles (8.34 km2), all land.
Pine Bluffs experiences a semi-arid climate (Köppen climate classification BSk).
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,129 people, 476 households, and 314 families residing in the town. The population density was 350.6 inhabitants per square mile (135.4/km2).